Xamarin Studio & Visual Studio both have features for selecting older versions of packages and installing them automatically; similar to how updating packages works. These steps are described below.
- Go to “Tools -> NuGet Package Manager -> Package Manager Console”
- Set the project under “Default Project”
- Use this syntax:
Install-Package [PackageName] -Version [tab for version menu]
You can also copy/paste the exact command from the package’s NuGet page. Example for Xamarin.Forms: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xamarin.Forms/
- In your project, right-click the packages folder & select “Add Packages”
- In the searchbar, you can use the following syntax to search for your required packages:
- Lists all Xamarin.Forms packages:
- Lists all Xamarin.Forms 1.4.x packages:
Note: If you add a space between
version: & the version number, the search will behave as though no version was specified.